POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds (~14kau) : Even Better Clouds? (~16kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Even Better Clouds? (~16kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 30 Dec 2000 14:07:23
Message: <3a4e326b@news.povray.org>
Well, crew, here's the story. I tried and tried (and tried and...)
to make the edges sharper without increasing render-time, but I'm afraid
it's unavoidable. Unless you add some noise or something, you're all just
going to have to live with the fact that the sharper they are, the more
visible the "planes" are. For example, the ones in the background (and the
ones in my post from the 26th), are rendered with about 12 intervals,
because the edges are really smooth, but the ones in front (the nice, big
fluffy ones) had to be rendered with 50 intervals in this post, and I'm
afraid that that might not be enough! (Zoom in, you'll see what I mean). So,
anyway, here they are. I consider them done. I won't do any more work on
them. Let some other crazy POVer with a faster processor rack his brains
perfecting them. I'm gonna get back to nice, quick-rendering grass...
Especially since I want to exploit my extra 128MB of fresh-installed RAM. :)

        Oh, by the way, these took 1 hour, 40 minutes, 17 seconds to render
on my 400MHz Pentium II with 256MB of RAM (joy!) at a resolution of 300x200.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'klauds3.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'klauds3.jpg'